Friday, May 18, 2007

Loosening Lips: The Art of the Interview

“My interview techniques...feel casual, but are in fact a scientific unraveling of the information contained in brain cells.” - Eric Nalder

Investigative reporter Eric Nalder has learned a thing or two about interviewing in his 20 plus years of experience. According to America’s Investigative Reports, Nalder is “known for his ability to get people to open up and tell all they know, on the record.”
Through his own experience and discussions with other journalists, police investigators, etc., etc...Nalder has compiled "Loosening Lips: The Art of the Interview," which provides tips on how to set up and prepare for an interview, how to deal with reluctant interviewees and how to get “all the goods.”
In my experience as a novice reporter, I've never really thought about how I conduct my interviews, so I'm interested to see what tips Nalder has to offer.

The hour-long workshop will be held at 1:30 p.m. in the Fiesta Ballroom.

For more information about Nalder, check out Carrie's post below.

No comments: